- Historical Sites and Heritage Locations
Lake View House is the childhood home of Henry Handel Richardson, pseudonym of Ethel Florence Richardson, author of ‘The Getting of Wisdom’ and trilogy ‘The Fortunes of Richard Mahony’ in which she describes her experiences in Chiltern.
This charming red-brick house is furnished in period style and contains a small collection of Richardson memorabilia.
When visiting Lake View House going on a guided tour or enjoy a literary event held here.
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf.
- History & Heritage
- National Trust
- Non Smoking
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.